Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm A Little Tea Pot



I'm a little teapot, short and stout.


Here is my handle; here is my spout.


When I get all steamed up, hear me shout


Just tip me over and pour me out.






I'm a Little Teapot! (2007) sets up pretend play. Kubler paints toddlers in togs that mimic the colors of a teapot. They are the teapot! Tottering two-year-olds stand on one foot and bend: Tip me up, and pour me out! Balance skills! At book's end, a tea party.


Below are some fun activities that you can link with the rhyme
I'm a Little Tea Pot:


Craft Activity: Show your child a tea bag and tear it open and show them the leaves. Brew some tea and make it strong. Get busy painting with the undiluted tea.


Role Play: Sit with your child and have a pretend tea party. Make some sandwiched together to have with your pretend tea.

Numeracy:

  1. Find different tea cups and saucers and get your child to match the cups with the correct saucers.
  2. Pairs of items that are tall and short - tall teapot, short teapot; ta;; flower, short flower; tall glass, short glass etc

Water Play: Fill your water tray, baby bath, sand shell (anything that you can use to put water in) and fill it with teapots with different-sized spouts and different sized cups. This will allow your child to explore pouring water into cups, great for hand-eye co-ordination.

Cooking: Decorate tick-tock biscuits with marshmallows, freckles and half a pink mint roller (as the handle). These are so cute and quick and easy to make. Mix up a little icing and give your little one an ice block stick to use to apply the icing.


























1 comment:

  1. Excellent ideas- I will use these with my little one. I love the one about creating marshmallow tea pot cookies. -Clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete