This simple recipe is so much fun to make with the kids! It is a great little cooking activity to do with them when you are looking at colours.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes +
3 x 85g packets jelly in, red, green, yellow
375ml pineapple juice
1 1/2 tablespoons gelatine or equivalent from the sachets
300ml thickened cream
3 cups hot water
- Set jellies individually using 1 cup of hot water with each jelly.
- When set, cut into small cubes.
- Dissolve gelatine in half the pineapple juice over a gentle heat or for 60 seconds in microwave.
- Stir until dissolved. Once dissolved add remaining juice and chill for about 10 minutes. Do not let it set.
- Mix pineapple juice with cream and then add cut up jellies.
- Rinse jelly mould in water and without drying it pour it all in mould and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into small servings and enjoy!
* You can use a Tupperware mould and the jelly comes to the top when set and on a plate it looks like a mosaic of coloured glass.